For getting the WhatsApp Business APIs from Meta or other supported providers
Yes! The WhatsApp Business API is paid service. WhatsApp charges a per session fee to the businesses for using its APIs. The fees may vary depending on the country and the type of message sent.
There are two types of pricing models that WhatsApp offers to businesses, they are;
Message Template Pricing
Session Based Pricing
The pricing model applies to the businesses that send pre-approved message templates to customers, such as appointment reminders, shipping notifications or customer support messages. The cost of sending a message template may vary depending on the country and type of message sent
The pricing model applies to the businesses that engage in conversation with the customers on WhatsApp. The first 24 hours of communication between a business and customer are free, after which the business is charged for each messages sent or received
It's important to note that the WhatsApp Business API is designed in such a way that it requires technical expertise to integrate with the chatbot. You can reach out to the WotNot Support Team at
[email protected]in case you already have the WhatsApp Business API & needs assistance with integration. Additionally, you will need to apply to use the API and WhatsApp may require you to meet certain requirements before you can start using it. You can read about the steps to apply for WhatsApp Business API here or can reach out to WotNot Support Team at
To obtain the WhatsApp Business API from the supported providers or Meta, the prerequisites that you need to keep in mind are:
- 1.Having verified Facebook Business Manager
- 2.Phone number not having an active WhatsApp account
Here are the steps to check if the Facebook Business Manager account is verified or not;
- 2.Go to ' Settings -> Business Settings -> Business Info'
- 3.Under 'Business Verification Status' you will be able to see the verification status of your business
If your account is verified, you will be able to see a green dot and a message that says 'Your business is verified' If your account is not verified, you will be able to see a grey dot and a message that says 'Your business is unverified'
Here are the steps to get your Facebook Business Manager account verified;
- 2.Go to 'Settings -> Business Settings -> Business Info'
- 3.Click on 'View Details' against 'Business Verification Status'
- 4.Click on 'Start Verification' to initiate the verification process
- 5.Choose the country where your business is located and provide your business phone number
- 6.Facebook will send the code via SMS or Phone Call on entered phone number. Enter the code in the box provided and click 'Continue'
- 7.Enter your business related information like Name, Address & Tax ID. Facebook may also ask you to upload the additional documents related to your business to verify your identity and business information
- 8.Review the details and documents to ensure there is no discrepancy
- 9.Click on 'Submit' to request for the verification
WotNot recommends to enter the business related details as per the documents in order to avoid any further query or request from Facebook
Once the application for verification is submitted, Facebook will review the submitted information and documents to confirm that your business is legitimate. The verification process can take several days to few weeks, depending on the complexity of your business and the volume of request that Facebook is processing. You will receive an email from Facebook when your verification is complete, and your Business Manager account will be updated with the verified status
In case you are seeing the message 'Ineligible for verification', you will need to create an application on developers.facebook.com
To know more about creating the application, you can follow the steps mentioned in this article.
In that case, you will need to delete the WhatsApp account linked with the number. You can follow the following steps to delete the account;
- 1.Open 'WhatsApp' on your device
- 2.Tap on 'Three-Dot' menu icon at the top right corner of the screen
- 3.Go to 'Settings -> Account'
- 4.Click on 'Delete my Account'
- 5.Enter your phone number in the format required and click on 'Delete my Account'
- 6.Provide the reason for deleting your account & then click on 'Delete my Account'
Once the account is deleted, all the data associated with the account will be deleted permanently. Additionally, if you decide to create a new WhatsApp account using the same number, you will not be able to recover your older data