Comment on page
Branch action block allows you to move to different path of the conversation flow on the basis of conditions defined
With the help of Branch action block, you have the ability to create multiple branches based on certain conditions, which have their own conversational flows.
Following are few of the scenarios in which the branch action block can be used:
- Let's say you want to separate the flows for visitors speaking from developed countries vs developing countries
- When you want to branch out the flow based on a keyword or phrase that the visitor has provided
Operators are constructs which behave like functions and are used for comparison and logical conditions. Using operators in the branch action block allows you to compare the defined values with variables and accordingly navigate your visitors through the flow.
There are various types of operators that WotNot supports, they are;
Setting up 'Branch' action block
You can follow the following steps to set up the branch action block;
- 1.Add action block on canvas by clicking on '+'
- 2.Choose 'Branch'
- 3.Configure it on the right panel
- Add a Branch: You can add multiple branches by clicking on '+ Branch'. The maximum number of branches that you can add is 10
- Define the condition: Click on the branch to open the configuration window. You can configure following once the panel opens up;
- 1.Variable: Click on 'Variable' to open the drop down list of the defined variables and select the variable as per your preference
- 2.Operator: Click on 'Operator' to open the drop down list of supported operators and select it as per your preference
- 3.Value: Define the value with which the variable value will be compared with. Here you can enter multiple values by hitting enter and they will be displayed as chip
- Choose 'Any/All' condition: You can select either of the condition from Any or All Any: System will route the visitors through this branch if any of the condition is met or holds true All: System will route the visitors through this branch if all the conditions are met or holds true